Designing a disaster recuperation system requires making plans and attention of the
to be had options with a view to satisfactory match your agency’s desires, SLA and finances.
This guide will help you layout an Exchange Disaster Recovery plan together with
The manual assumes which you have simple understanding of SANRAD V-Switch and Exchange
Note: It is usually recommended to study Microsoft’s สำรองข้อมูล Exchange Server 2003 Disaster
Recovery Planning Guide to be had from
Exchange Disaster Recovery Planning
This phase discusses both general and Exchange unique issues that want to
be addressed whilst designing a disaster recovery answer combining SANRAD
replication and Microsoft Exchange Server.
SANRAD replication solution permits for flexibility with Exchange Disaster Recovery layout.
The maximum influential elements affecting layout consideration are:
• Budget barriers
• Recovery Time Objective (RTO) necessities (the time until the facts is lower back on line)
• Recovery Point Objective (RPO) necessities (the amount of facts that may be lost)
• Network bandwidth among the nearby web page and faraway web site
• Replication approach: Synchronous versus Asynchronous
• Replication frequency (best for Asynchronous replication)
• Initial volume synchronization
RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
• With excessive level RTO, duplicate hardware is required to allow quick recovery making
the solution greater pricey.
RPO (Recovery Point Objective)
RPO requirements are fine defined via the amount of information that the organisation is inclined to
• High stage RPO requires extra bandwidth for both Synchronous and Asynchronous
• Low degree RPO requires less common replication and will increase the danger of dropping
Network Bandwidth between the Local and Remote sites
Bandwidth between the sites is usually the most important aspect affecting the replication
issue of a Disaster Recovery answer.